Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Reflection Post

Reflection Post

      I started out feeling very nervous after reading the syllabus for EME2040. They were so many things that I had no idea about. Technology is so advance that if you don’t keep up with learning about it, you can get lost. I use think that using a computer, texting, face book and, skype was all that I needed to know. After taking this class, I was amazed by the amount things that I learned about technology. Some examples were creating Eportfolios, Wikipage, lesson plans, Webquest.

      The discussions I taught we great, it let us express ourselves and gained feedback from our peers. I really did not miss the classroom setting, online was still a great way to learn. Learning to create blogs was very challenging for me at first. But after the first three or four I gained some confidence and it became my favorite part of the class. My husband even made jokes and said “you need to create blogs for my job and build a website”. It felt very good to hear that because each week I would share what I do with my husband and children. So I know if they enjoyed seeing my work so will my future students.

      I did not necessarily like the group project, because since everyone is usually busy and have different schedule I felt pressured. I think instead of doing group projects, we should do group discussion in real time. Everyone student logon at a specific time and are able to see each other and collaborate our work together. I love how we did not just read the textbook, we had to use our reflective writing skills to break apart what we learn in depth.

      Finally, after taking this class I feel more confident that I will master using technology in the 21st Century inside my classroom. I will definitely use online lesson plans and blogs. Some of the site that I enjoyed were ABcya, Webquest, PBSkids and many more. I even have my own children visit some of the sites for fun.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your learning throughout the semester. I always think it is interesting to get the student perspective - and though each student's point of view is a bit different, I am usually awed by the amount of poise and confidence students gain if they take this class seriously. You did an awesome job with challenging yourself to try a new digital tool each week - that's a lot of learning, but it sounds like it was quite rewarding as well. You best keep practicing these blogging and website creation skills by helping your husband, too! :) You have demonstrated your understanding of not only important pedagogical content, but also technological skill - bravo! Keep on learning, too.

    ReplyDelete